Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


I made this card for my husband for this day. I got the inspiration from his knowledge of wine and liquor. You may wonder why there is a bowl of apples beside the wine glass. Ha Ha Ha. I went to a night market one night and I found this new type of eh......I don't know what you call it; it isn't stickers but some find beautiful 'blink-blink' for cards and thus I eh......use them for this card. Anyway, my dear husband loves apples too. So putting the two things that he love most is good, I think.

Well, as for my own dad who is 85 this year I bought him his favourite food : beef curry. Oh yes, he still has a hefty appetite. But he is afflicted with Parkinson so his movements are slow and his speech is slurred but we can still understand what he is talking so we can still have wonderful conversation. But I have to admit that I don't have so much time to spend beside him even though he lives with me.

I go to work in the morning, come home at 2pm then feed him and change his diapers before taking a break myself then I run off to fetch my mum home from work (Oh, the gutsy lady is still working. She is 77 this year. She works as a telephone operator and has the sweetest voice you ever hear) then I come home to cook and then in the evening see to the children's school work. What a long narration. Ha Ha Ha But this is part of life that we all go through.

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS. YOU ARE WONDERFUL. WITHOUT YOU, LIFE LACKS OF SPICE AND ALL THINGS NICE.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment